Sunday, June 1, 2008

One more cup of Weasley for the road...


I had to add this one. I had it half done as of this morning, but I finally sat down and "finished" it (the sketch part that is).

Side note: I had three days off from my fishy job (which is going swimmingly, might I add), and I spent it inside my apartment...working. It was pretty treacherous, considering how AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL it was outside today (to be fair, I took a half-hour walk to get some fresh air...and coffee). Given my commitment to the indoors, I've been playing music non-stop. I don't usually do this, but for fun, I'm going to post what I've been listening to:

The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Beirut - Gulag Orkestar and some EP
Islands - Arm's Way (not sure how I feel about this album...it just came out)
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
Weezer - this random CD of unreleased/b-sides I unearthed whilst cleaning...with songs so good they make me want to poop my pants...er, in a good way ::ahem:: )
The Stereo - Three Hundred (guilty pleasure ::drool:: )
Smog - a bunch of stuff from random albums...thank you Ann and Evan
Jonathan Richman - Best of Jonathan Richman
The Alkaline Trio - I Lied My Face Off EP, Goddammit! (that last one was an album, not me cursing)
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom (just bought this, and I like it)
Nada Surf - The Weight is a Gift
The Blow - Paper Television (also just got this, and it has definitely grown on me...OMG I heart the "Parentheses" song)
The Magnetic Fields - I
Currently: Islands...again (giving another go - still not sure about it...it's kind of like a rock musical, and I generally like albums that sound like rock musicals, but...I dunno)

Random, I know. I always like to read about what people listen to when they work. So there's my 2 cents.

2 comments:

Evan Larson said...

I'm on the fence with the Island's album too. I miss the nonchalant, fun pop stuff more.

I still need to give it another try too.

maris wicks said...

agreed. still giving it more tries...but wanting to listen to the old album, which makes me want to listen to the unicorns...trickle-down music!