Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Egads.

Ugh. Has it really been a month since I last posted? Oops. Well, I don't even have anything that spectacular to show...just a lack-luster photo of my shared work space. Joe and I both share our computer and drawing table; we have a back-up laptop and small table for when our respective tasks overlap. Here's what it looks like with my stuff at the drawing table (click for bigness):


Again, not all that interesting. I might also add that I am currently drawing my final pages on 9" x 12" Vellum Bristol (which is VERY soggy at the moment due to three weeks of CONSTANT HUMIDITY).

I'm still drawing little auto-bio comics whenever I can...here's some oldies about work (and work-related mis-speak):




Yay! Scallops! (yes, those little black dots are it's eyes)

And last, but not least:


Ok, so I guess I had a few things to share. I know I've said it before, but I am going to make an effort to post once a week, even if it's just a wee comic. Now, BACK TO WORK FOR ME!!!!

-m

7 comments:

ShiekYabouti said...

hee hee, love the one about the eyes. Funny, creepy AND educational :D You rule Mavis!

Anonymous said...

Pretty good set-up there, Maris. I have the same lightbox!

Mike Bear said...

tee hee. i like your blog. nice to see some maris comics to brighten the day :)

Pulpatooner said...

Hey! You've got one of my postcards tacked up! And now I've got that warm and fuzzy feeling!

RAWLS said...

Maris! Great work my friend! I loved your Logan redesign!!

Sunnye said...

Goodnight Seaweed--it's like Goodnight Moon. I love your desk diagram...

maris wicks said...

Thanks everyone!!